This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Book Review: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead



Goodreads Blurb:
"Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe."



Review:
I am completely speechless.  The ending!!!!!!  At least Silver Shadows is coming out on the 29th... I don't know if I'd survive otherwise!

We finally get some from Adrian's POV!!  I just love that.  Adrian and Sydney together are just perfection people.  So things get a lot more complicated in this book when Zoe arrives.  Stupid little brainwashed Zoe.  Ugh I could just strangle her!  However, I'll be a good person and allow you all to decide for yourself how horrible she is.  She does some really bad stuff in this book (if you've read it, you know what I'm talking about!) that I won't forgive her for even if she's brainwashed by her father.

There are some big revelations in this book that I think I saw coming.  Again, I won't tell you more than that or I'd ruin the book for you!

I read this all in one shot, it was so addicting.  I simply adore this series and can't wait for Silver Shadows!  I'll give a more complete analysis of the characters either in my Silver Shadows review or The Ruby Circle review (the 6th book in the series) because honestly, I can't think about that much right now when I'm craving Silver Shadows!


Quotes:

“Relax, having kids is years away. But can you imagine? Your brains, my charm, our collective good looks... then add in the usual physical abilities dhampirs get. 
It's really not even fair to everyone else.” 


“I won’t lie. Walking into a room and seeing your girlfriend reading a baby-name book can kind of make your heart stop.
“I’m no expert,” I began, choosing my words carefully. “Well—actually, I am. And I’m pretty sure there are certain things we have to do before you need to be reading that.” 


“I didn’t care about anything except her and the way touching her drove me wild, even as her calm and steady presence soothed the storms that raged within me.” 


“Did you know that it's a lot harder to put organs back in the body than it is to get them out?”


“Escape plan number seventeen," I told her. "Run away and open a juice stand in Fresno."
"Why Fresno?"
"Sounds like the kind of place people drink a lot of juice.” 


“Did Belikov bend the rules of time and space to get here so fast? He can do that, right?” 


“It’s Adrian Ivashkov logic. Don’t try to understand it. Just roll with it.” 


“Centrum permanebit.”


 “The center will hold.” 
“How do you know?” 
“Because we are the center.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...