This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, October 24, 2014

Book Review Friday: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa


Goodreads Blurb:
"Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her creator Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost - the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie. 

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, her triumph will be short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

THE FINAL HUNT IS ON."




Review:
Julie Kagawa is truly one of my favorite authors.  She writes about such different topics and even if it is a common topic (like vampires) she puts a totally different spin on it!  This entire series was very good and very well written.

I loved Allie's 'family' as she came to know them (Kanin, Zeke, and Jackal).  I also loved how Allie reflected on her old life a lot and realized that while she's changed dramatically from Allie the Fringer, she's also the same person.  This was just a beautiful book that did an amazing job of tackling the main idea.

The ending was pretty predictable but really, I don't see any alternative so I suppose there was no choice in the matter.  I also saw the whole Master vampire thing coming.  Because really, a majority of fantasy YA books these days are all about the 'special' ones.

It was a very addicting read although the climax was pretty close to the end.  All in all, I'll miss the characters so much!  Especially Kanin *wails*  that part, though... I had to set the book down I was crying so much...

The Final Verdict:
A beautiful story about finding yourself and what it means to be 'human'.  The ending was a bit predictable although I don't see how that could have been avoided.  A very addicting read!  I strongly recommend this series!
4 stars


Quotes:
“I am proud of you, Allison Sekemoto,” he whispered as he drew back. “Whatever you decide, whatever path you choose to take, I hope that you will remain the same girl I met that night in the rain. The one decision for which I have no regrets.” 


“You know,” Jackal said, kicking a rabid in the face, sending it reeling, “it seems that whenever I’m with you, I’m constantly fighting my way into places I really don’t want to be. The sewers, the Prince’s tower, a bloody freaking church.” 


“That sounds about right for this group. You bleeding hearts are going to be the death of me, I just know it.” 


“Seeing as this is probably my last hurrah, I don't suppose I could get you two bleeding hearts to massacre a village with me? For old time's sake.”


“If we are talking about choice and regret, what has happened cannot be undone. And dwelling on the past changes nothing. You will only drive yourself to insanity if you do.” 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked this series! I'm so excited to start them :)
    Awesome review!! :D

    ~Carina @ http://myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely loved this book! You can see my review here if you want: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/review-forever-song-blood-of-eden-3-by.html

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/review-maze-runner-maze-runner-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...