I was tagged by the gals over at Fangirling Misses! I'm sorry this is so late... I'm just catching up on everything!
I'll be answering 18 random questions!
1. Have you ever thrown a book?
- Nope! I don't think I could ever damage a precious book! But seriously, there certainly were times when I really wanted to throw a book (*cough* TFIOS Allegiant *cough*) but I never did.
2. Do you like lengthy books or short books?
- Lengthy for sure if they're written right! I don't want to read 900 pages of complete crap and fluff but I don't want to read an incredibly short book either. I tend to want to know the entire story of things and don't really want to let characters go after such a short time ya know?
3. If you don't like a book, do you stop reading it or finish it?
- Finish it most of the time. There have only been 2 books I didn't finish (A Short History of Nearly Everything and Extras) but every other book I've finished. I feel like just because the beginning is horrible, doesn't mean it won't get better. However if I don't like the first book in the series, it'll take a little convincing for me to read the second book in the series!
4. Do you stop reading when you're tired or when a chapter finishes?
- It all depends on whether there's a good stopping place within a chapter or not. Some books like Heir of Fire have short chapters so I don't need to stop in the middle of a chapter. Sometimes, I actually prefer to stop in the middle of a chapter because normally, chapters end in cliffhangers that make you want to keep reading. So I suppose when I'm tired?
5. How do you organize your shelf?
- Oh this one is easy! I don't. At all. It's a complete mess although I keep series' together.
6. Paperback or Hardcover?
7. What book can you not wait to read?
- The fourth book in the Throne of Glass series!!!! It's going to be so epic!!!
8. A book you wish could be turned into a graphic novel?
- I don't think I've ever read a graphic novel before in my life...
9. A book that disappointed you?
- Extras. The Uglies series was pretty good and then Extras came along and it was just terrible! I couldn't get through it!
10. What book made you cry recently?
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. That ending man!
11. Do you prefer buying books online or going to the bookstore?
- Where I live, there really aren't many bookstores except for Barnes and Noble so I usually buy books online just because they're cheaper. So until I find a nice indie bookstore to support, I'll be buying books online!
12. Do you prefer to listen to music while reading or to read in silence?
- Read in silence. That way, I can imagine the world better and really... enter the book if you catch my drift!
13. What is the weirdest thing you've ever experienced while reading a book?
- Ah... I can't really think of anything... Sometimes after I read a book before bed I'll dream about the world from the book...
14. What was your first fandom?
- PJO!!! That was back when The Lightning Thief first came out and I read it and I was instantly addicted!
15. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
- Ahhhhhh.... Ermmmmm.... I have no idea... Maybe Anabeth from PJO? I mean, spiders freak me out too...
16. Which fictional character do you wish you were more like?
- Celaena Sardothien! I mean, the whole assassin thing wouldn't fly in today's world, but I would like to be more like her in the sense that she's brave and is wholly herself (especially after Heir of Fire!).
17. If you could spend a whole day with 5 characters, who would you pick?
- I would love to spend the day with Luna Lovegood and Hermione Granger (both from HP), Alex from the Covenant series, and Chaol and Celaena from Throne of Glass!
18. What is a book that exceeded all of your expectations?
-Telling the Bees! I wasn't expecting much at all and when I read it, I was blown away!
Tada! All done! I'm keeping this an open tag as well so if you think it sounds fun, go ahead and give it a shot - it is fun!