This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day: Bookish Quotes

Happy Mother's Day everyone!  I hope you all have a relaxing or adventurous day (depending on your style!  I for one, will be sleeping in!).  Ashley at Falling Down The Book Hole does this sort of thing every so often she was kind enough to let me join in on the fun!  Let the loving of mothers commence!



“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”


“My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.”


Harry thought. Then he said slowly, "It shows us what we want... whatever we want..." 
"Yes and no," said Dumbledore quietly. 
"It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts. You, who have never known your family, see them standing around you.


“My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.”


“Perhaps it takes courage to raise children..”


“He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark."


“When you feel neglected, think of the female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs but no one remembers her on Mother's Day”


“I went to bed feeling melancholy, wishing I could have poured out all my fears and insecurities to my mom. Wasn’t that what normal mothers and daughters did?”

9 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're welcome! Moms are seriously the superheroes of the world :)

      Delete
  2. Awww I love these quotes! Lovely compilation ;)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading the quotes that you have chosen. I not only love bookish quotes, but to choose some just for Mother's Day was a great idea! I just love originality.
    Suzi Q., The Book Dame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually got the idea from Ashley at Down the Book Hole. She does random posts with quotes centered around different themes so I thought I'd adapt that for Mother's Day!

      Delete
  4. I think my favorite is the Harry Potter one. The way J.K. Rowling puts it is simply perfect.
    Excellent post!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks! I love doing these kinds of posts and looking around in my quotes pile! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...