This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

BookBlogWriMo 2015: Day 3: What Do You Read?


Today's Topic is: What Do You Read?

The true is, I'll read just about anything although I do tend to stay away from erotica and nonfiction.  Erotica is just not my cup of tea and while nonfiction is great, I just can't read it all the time.

Otherwise, anything goes!  I'm all about experiencing new things and reading about them is one of the best ways to get a picture!

As I've mentioned before, I do hold a special love of fantasy.  Something about the different worlds with different rules speaks to me you know?

I do also really love reading about different myths.  At the moment, in my English class, we're studying myths from around the world and my group is studying Celtic myths in depth.  I already know a lot about Greek and Roman (as do you all, I'm sure) so it's really cool to be able to study a different set of beliefs.  I also know a smidgen about Japanese and Norse mythology.  Myths are just so cool to me.  How whole cultures believed in these stories for hundreds of years as their religion.  We've also been studying the similarities between myths and religions and really, religions are just another sort of myth.  It's really interesting to think about!

And now I've gone off on a tangent!  Back on topic!

The majority of my shelf space is taken up by fantasy books although I do own a few realistic fiction books.

As for authors, I try not to have 'auto-buy' authors but there are some authors that I've loved their books.  For example, Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass series and A Court of Thorns and Roses series), Kristin Cashore (Graceling series), Josephine Angelini (Starcrossed series and The Worldwalker series), Lois Lowry (The Giver Quartet), J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series), Julie Kagawa (even though Talon was a flop for me) (The Immortal Rules series, The Iron Fey series, The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten series, Talon series), and Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson series, The Kane Chronicles, The Heroes of Olympus).  Just take a look at my favorites list for the whole selection!



What do you read?  Any favorite genres, books, or authors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...