This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

BookBlogWriMo - Day 25: #WisdomWednesday - Any Advice for New Bloggers?


Today's Topic: Any Advice for New Bloggers?

Here are a few things I wish that I knew when I first started blogging about 2 years ago!

1.  You are blogging for you.  Seriously.  Don't post things just to gain followers.  If you aren't enjoying posting those things and you're doing it just for the followers, something's wrong and you need to stop and reassess exactly why you are blogging.

2.  Don't be afraid to talk to other people in the blogging/book community!  Everyone is super nice and welcoming!  I was kind of afraid to talk to other people because I thought they would dismiss me because I was a newbie.  I couldn't have been more wrong!

3.  Taking a hiatus is perfectly okay.  While you do have an obligation to the people who read your blog, you also have an obligation to yourself to enjoy yourself in life and if your life is just getting to busy to blog, take a break for a couple of months!  Like I said before, if blogging becomes a chore, take a break!


That's it, actually!  Just be yourself and have fun with blogging!  The blogs I like reading most are the one's where you can feel the author's personality jumping through the screen.  I feel like I really get to know people just by reading their posts!

Do you have any advice for newbie bloggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...