This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

2015 End of Year Survey: Part 2


This is part two of the year end survey hosted by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner!

If you missed part one, you can find it HERE.

So without further ado, let's get into it!


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

So here's the thing, I don't really keep track of when I follow blogs so I have no idea what new blogs I've followed this year!  Maybe that's something I'll keep track of this year...  Here are some blogs I've really had fun reading this year though!
Rachel, Julia, and Mishma @ A Perfection Called Books
 Cari and Haley @ My Addiction: Books
And so many more!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

I have two!
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - see my review HERE
A Court of Thorns and Roses - see my review HERE 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

I haven't posted a discussion post in a while and it makes me sad :(  I'll definitely be posting more in the future!  I did post some earlier this year though and here's one of my favorites:

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I actually did my first few buddy reads this year which was really fun although I did find out that I have a hard time keeping pace with the other person/people because I usually just read books in one sitting... 

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

I was officially featured in an actual printed book and it was just fabulous!  It was in the book Goodbye, Magnolia by Krista Noorman.  I was involved in the launch team and we originally connected when she asked if I'd be willing to review her previous book, The Truth About Drew.  Here's the photo I posted to Instagram!



6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

The most challenging thing that I'm still struggling with is staying on top of my R&R's.  I got so behind this summer when I over estimated exactly how much free time I'd have to write reviews so now I have a whole pile (some from a year ago) that need reviews to be written!  My goal for these first three months of the new year is to finish all of my R&R's from last year so I can finally reopen requests!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Actually, none.  I mean, the whole reason I blog is so that I can share my opinion and to connect with other people in the blogosphere.  I'm not really in it to have page views or anything.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

This answer is also going to be kind of general too because I didn't really buy anything bookish this year although some of my favorite bloggers started Etsy shops including Anna from Enchanted by YA.  You can check out her announcement post HERE!  She makes these awesome mini bottle necklaces that are so cute!  They're labeled things like basilisk venom and starlight that relate to different books and fandoms.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

If you frequent my blog, you may know that I don't really don't do well with organized challenges.  I'm more the "let's see how many books I can read this year!" kind of person.  I actually didn't meet my Goodreads goal of 150 books this past year.  I came up short with 100.  I'm challenging myself to 100 books this year but I'm hoping to hit 150 to redeem myself :)


My next post will be all about my resolutions for the new year!  I know, I know, this is coming really late but I'm determined to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...